Philip J. Kaplan
Philip J. Kaplan
|Born||October 30, 1975|
|Other names||Pud Kaplan|
|Occupation||entrepreneur, computer programmer|
Philip J. "Pud" Kaplan (born October 30, 1975) is an American entrepreneur and computer programmer who has founded several Internet companies.
He has subsequently created other websites and web-based ventures, including the online advertising market site AdBrite, which he founded in 2004. In June 2009, Kaplan joined Charles River Ventures as an Entrepreneur In Residence.
In July 2011, Kaplan formed ADHD Labs, an incubator for web and iPhone apps. ADHD Labs' company, TinyLetter, was acquired by MailChimp in August 2011. In 2012, Kaplan's company founded Fandalism, a social networking website for musicians. He expanded the site to offer the digital distribution of music, and in early 2013, the service was spun off under the name DistroKid.
Kaplan obtained his Bachelor of Science in 1997 from the Syracuse University School of Information Studies and delivered the convocation address at the Class of 2014 graduation ceremony. He currently resides in New York City.
- http://www.pud.com/2007/10/32nd-birthday.html Archived December 1, 2007, at the Wayback Machine -- "Today is my 32nd birthday." Published October 30, 2007. Accessed November 17, 2007.
- Tomio Geron. "F—edCompany Founder Views VC From a New Perch". WSJ. Retrieved August 4, 2015.
- "Twitter". twitter.com. Retrieved August 4, 2015.
- "adhdlabs.com". adhdlabs.com.
- "Exclusive: MailChimp Buys Phil Kaplan's Tiny Start-Up, TinyLetter". AllThingsD. Retrieved August 4, 2015.
- Anthony Ha. "Philip Kaplan's Social Network Fandalism Has Quietly Grown To 350K Musicians". TechCrunch. AOL. Retrieved August 4, 2015.
- Ha, Anthony (May 28, 2013). "Fandalism's Philip Kaplan Launches DistroKid, An Affordable Way To Upload Music To Stores Like iTunes". Techcrunch. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- "Philip Kaplan '97 to Speak at iSchool Convocation". Syracuse University News.
|This article about an American businessperson born in the 1970s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|